Free courses and wellbeing apps
Online therapy through SilverCloud
SilverCloud is an exciting online therapy programme proven to help manage stress, anxiety and depression. You work through a series of topics selected by a therapist to address specific needs. The eight-week course is designed to be completed in your own time and at your own pace. Find out more on the Healthy Minds NHS service website.
Self-refer to Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Staff Wellbeing Hub
- The Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Staff Wellbeing Hub offers a confidential mental health and emotional wellbeing support service to NHS and social care staff. The Hub (based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire) has recently been commissioned to offer a service to staff in the Herefordshire and Worcestershire ICB system; with current funding available until March 2024.
- The Hub offers a person-centred telephone assessment, followed either by brief therapeutic intervention (delivered via MS Teams) or signposting to an appropriate service. The team includes a High Intensity CBT Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Counsellor, Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners and Assistant Psychologists; all of whom offer a range of therapeutic approaches tailored to individual need.
- You can refer yourself to receive support for any difficulties you are experiencing in the following ways:
- Telephone: 07890 066445 (available between 9am-5pm)
- Email: email@example.com
- Online: Complete a referral form at Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin Staff Wellbeing Hub Referral Form (mayden.co.uk)
- This is a fully confidential service, so it does not reach out to your employer or GP as standard without consent. The only time it will break any confidentiality is if it is felt that you or someone else is at harm, and the Hub will always try to discuss this with you at the time.
You can find further information about the Hub at Psychological Wellbeing Hub (Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin) website
Free wellbeing apps for NHS staff
#StayAlive is a suicide prevention resource for the UK, packed full of useful information and tools to help you stay safe in crisis.
Bright Sky is a free to download, confidential mobile app providing support and information for anyone who may be in an abusive relationship or those concerned about someone they know.
Cityparents consists of a curated collection of positive and practical support for working parents, delivered through expert-led webinars/seminars, advice, peer insights, online articles, blogs and podcast.
Headspace is a science-backed app in mindfulness and meditation, providing unique tools and resources to help reduce stress, build resilience, and aid better sleep.
Unmind is a mental health platform that empowers staff to proactively improve their mental wellbeing.
Really helped me at a difficult time. They listened to me and gave me advice on how to deal with anxiety at work and home. Felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders after chatting!